Life can be complicated, challenging and yet also rich and rewarding. This blog is about choosing our own course in life to maximize the rewards and more effectively navigate the challenges.
I write about my story, my journey, my struggles, my joy, my humor and my observations about life.
I’m a nerd about thinking of the big questions in life, such as:
- How can I reduce my anxiety and be more content?
- What is really important in life and how do I achieve it?
- How can I be more in control of my experience instead of letting others make decisions for me?
- How can I bet a better person, not just for myself, but also my family and my community?
What does ‘Richer Self’ mean?
Yes, it is a bit cheesy.
I am interested in leading a richer life, only in terms of ‘self’, rather than ‘wealth.’ I’m not hear to preach on how to get rich.
Why am I doing this?
Because I believe that there are other people out there like me that struggle with meaning, stress and anxiety. We may feel little joy in our jobs as we get older and begin to feel there is more to life. Our values change, our experience grows and we ourselves change. What we thought we wanted may not sustain us anymore.
I have a base drive to both learn as well as help others. I’ve spent my life reading and studying, even getting a Master’s Degree to understand more about human drives and decisions. This is deeply personal to me as well as an opportunity to engage others in dialogue about the most fundamental questions we have in life.
What I believe
I’m no guru, but I have learned a few things over the years. What you will find here:
- Simple, straightforward and actionable concepts.
- Having Purpose in life increases contentment and a sense of peace.
- Thoughtful, Purpose based decision-making will reduce stress and anxiety.
- We can be in control of our own lives, and choose to be happier, to follow our dreams and have a greater sense of meaning.
I get it. Life is hard. We all have our share of obstacles, failures, regrets, pains, depression. These don’t need to define us. We can define ourselves and achieve what we want out of life. It’s not easy, but nobody can do it for you. It’s about facing the tough questions, learning what we can and moving productively forward.
A life of joy awaits, if you choose it!
What I Enjoy
- Reading, studying and thinking
- My wife and children
- Running (when my body agrees)
- Tropical beaches!
- Craft beer
- Pocket knives
To familiarize yourself with my approach and my philosophy, read Why You Need to Follow Your Purpose.
Thank you for taking the time to stop by!